20 Oct BeeTogether aims to support the UN Global Goals
The UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are a blueprint for a better world. They address the global challenges we face, including poverty, inequality, climate change, environmental degradation, peace and justice. The SDGs are a call for action by all countries – rich and poor – to promote prosperity while protecting the planet. They are a to-do list for people and planet, and a framework for sustainable development.
The 17 SDGs are:
1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere
2. End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture
3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
4. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
6. Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
7. Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all
8. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment, and decent work for all
9. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization, and foster innovation
10. Reduce inequality within and among countries
11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
12. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
13. Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts*
14. Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
15. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
16. Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development
Achieving the SDGs will require significant investment, estimated at $5-7 trillion per year. There are many ways to finance the SDGs, including through taxes, philanthropy, foreign aid, and private investment.
One innovative and sustainable way to raise funds is through the use of non-fungible tokens (NFTs). NFTs are digital assets that are unique and cannot be replaced. They can be used to represent ownership of anything from art and digital collectibles to real estate and even carbon credits.
One of the key benefits of NFT